Small Leagues, Big fight!

This summer amongst all the things I was doing... I seized the opportunity 
and enrolled into Disney story artist: Leo Matsuda's class at skillshare.  It was
way to affordable to miss. I promised myself I'd post a story about my coaching
experience so I'm very please to share that story I came up with you.  It's
based on real life events. Hope you like:)


Small Leagues, Big fight!



This summer I've been coaching my son's baseball team...


... and teaching all these awesome children turned out to be quite a job!


The reward I got was these priceless look ...


But the real difficulties I faced was to coach the new ways of baseball to kids 
whose parents were taught differently. Yes we're that old!


MAD MAX: "Let's GO Kevin!"


SWOOSH!


MAD MAX: "Come on COACH! The bat is too heavy!!!"


MAD MAX: "My son would have hit that ball if it weren't for this bat!"


"OK Kevin! Let's try one more time..." I said.


"... and remember to place the bat close to your ear!"


MAD MAX: "Let's GO Son! You're the best!!!"


FLAP!


MAD MAX: "THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!"


MAD MAX: "Are you blind Coach? Can't you see the T-ball 
is too tall for him!"


MAD MAX: "I can't stand it anymore!"


"Good try Kevin. Now we need to work on something else..."


"... You have to keep your eyes open and look at the ball..."


"... huh??"


MAD MAX: "Enough with your bad coaching! I'll show my boy
 how it should be done!"


MAD MAX: "There son... Move your hands further up and 
raise your elbows!"


MAD MAX: "And now lets show everyone how it should be done!"





BOING!!


MAD MAX: "NO! NO! Have another try!"


"PLEASE sir don't stand near the batter, this could be 
dangerous!"


"I am coaching the team and I will not... sir? SIR? "


ZZZZZIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!


ZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!


"Sir PLEASE step out of the field or you son loses his turn!"


MAD MAX: "LOSER! I'll be watching you!"








"Kevin? Do you want me to show you
how we hit the ball?"





"Good! First thing, lets assume the previous pose 
I showed you..."


"... and do you remember how we position the bat?"


"Don't forget to look at the ball when you swing."


"You will hit it this time. I am pretty sure!"


MAD MAX: " Coach! You're making the SAME MISTAKES AGAIN!!!"


"SIR STAND OUT OF THE BATTER'S WAY!!"


MAD MAX: "Mind your business coach!"


"I WILL STAND MY GROUND SIR. IT'S FOR SECURITY REASONS!"



MAD MAX: "I'm NOT moving! What will you do about it? 
Huh... little man?"


"You're right! It would be pointless to fight you in front of our kids!"


MAD MAX: "COWARD!!!"


KEVIN: "Dad? Please, I'd love to play baseball..."


MAD MAX: "Oh don't worry son! It's a for your best interest... I want you 
to grow up and become an awesome player."


MAD MAX: "You ear that coach? Stop whining and start 
this practice again!!!"























MAD MAX: "What are you waiting for? Lets play ball coach!"





"ALRIGHT!! PLAY BALL KEVIN!!!"


SMACK!!! 





CROWD: "It's a HIT!!!"


CROWD: "RUN! KEVIN RUN!"


MAD MAX: " Yeah...rrrunn  sonn!!!"


"LET'S GO KEVIN!!!"


"IT'S WAS A GREAT HIT! Ha HA! Good job Kevin!" 


 "I knew you could do it." 


" ... NEXT BATTER!!!




Thanks for reading:D

Comments

  1. Great post. I had a great laugh because when I was a kid a similar situation happened to me, except it happened at the batting cages and I accidentally hit my dads head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!! Love your work! Great man. That class was successful if this is what it helped you produce, how cool is this>???! I love Leo by the way. Brasileiros are the bestest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys:D Hope you had a great weekend!
    -Marcos that's super funny! Was your dad contesting the coach? :D
    -Samacleod Leo's class was great. It was a great motivation to do more boards this summer. Definitely missing your class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. on a bien aimé ton histoire et tes dessins

    Thérèse et Claude

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Benoit! I enjoyed reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment